jeudi 17 janvier 2008

The Month of January!

hELLO!
So we are approching the end of January ( already ahhh) and its actually my 5 months anniversary tomorrow. August 18th, I arrived in Taiwan for the best year of my life!! This month has been pretty good! I went to school ad recently all the exchnage students had a placement test again, where we all had to write a chinese written test (characters...ahhh) and speaking test than afterwards we were re-divided in 4 classes (A with the people who got the higher scores to D)! I was in class B beofre the test and remain in class B! So I am pretty happy. There are 12 people in my class and out of 12, 6 of them (including me) speak french! soo I think its going to be really fun! My Winter vacation will be great!! I started January 16th and its for about 25 days!! This weekend I am going to the south Taiwan for 2 weddings!! Then I will come back to my home for most of the vacation where i will catch up on ALLL the sleep i lost to go to school so early!! haha and also go see my friends and of course study chinese......:)! Then after I am going for 4 days with my first family around Taiwan and on an island in the south Taiwan (becaise its really beautiful)! This will be near Chinese New Years, in February. Chinese new Years, my Taiwan friends say that how most people celebrate it is by staying home with families or oing back to their home towns in the rural Taiwan and then they play Majong or cards by gamblling (my host dad says its the only night of the year where he considers gambling alright haha) and theyjust speak to each other all night.Also, the kids receive money from their parents instead of gifts. Its relaly interesting and I am really looking forward to it ! Yesterday I sent my second quarter report ( i have to send in 4 reports throughout my year to inform them of my experiences etc.) and i couldnt beleive that that meant that I was done half of my year here! I still cant beleive it.. HALF MY YEAR!!! wow! It went by really really fast!!
Byebye
Brianne

Aucun commentaire: